Monday, January 3, 2011

Shoot me now.

Tonight I finally took the initiative to register for the ACT and the SAT. I take the ACT next month, and the SAT the month after that. OH GOD.

As a concept, I have been familiar with these exams for years. They have always been looming in the distance, a slightly nerve-wracking hurdle before getting into the college of my choosing. Suddenly, they're approaching at an alarming rate, and I doubt I could feel less prepared than I do right now. I have not taken any prep classes, or read any books on the matter, or even given it a serious thought. What a mistake.

Registering for these tests has sparked many unwelcome thoughts about the future, causing me to spiral into panic. I didn't prepare to take them. I don't know where I want to apply. I don't know what major I want to start out with, considering I don't have any idea what career would suit me. I don't know where I want to live, or what kinds of experiences I want to have. I don't know, I don't know, I DON'T KNOW.  I have never worried about these types of issues before, but I am lost on how to narrow my options, and that terrifies me. I used to view my open mind as an asset, but now it is causing me to be indecisive.  Aaaagh.

On a more pleasant note, I am making my first contribution to my collaboration channel on YouTube tomorrow. :D I am so thrilled to be a part of this project. Ideally, I will never run out of video ideas to go along with each week's respective theme, and everything will be wonderful... fingers crossed!

Word of the day: dendroid
Definition: Resembling, branching like, or shaped like a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment