Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ever been haunted?

So, I have this eerie feeling that I am being haunted by a squirrel.

I know, I know, I sound totally insane. All I ask is that you hear the whole story before you call the nice people in the white coats to come cart me away.

While I'm driving, I always swerve slightly to avoid hitting anything in the road. Live animals, dead animals, Burger King bags, leaves... you name it. If it is in the street, I will spaz out slightly and miss it. (Sure, maybe that makes me an irresponsible and dangerously erratic driver, but that is not the point of this tale.) Well, my streak of never hitting anything while behind the wheel ended this afternoon on my way home from work.

It wasn't alive, just to clear that up. Yes, I am aware that most people disregard road kill, but I found it absolutely sickening to accidentally drive over it. Throughout the rest of the short commute home, I calmed myself down enough to stop gagging, and that's when I heard it. There was this really creepy sound that I couldn't quite place coming from somewhere in or around my vehicle after I'd parked in my driveway. I've never heard a squirrel make a noise before, but I swear, this was totally squirrel-speech for "I'mma get you, bitch!" Am I being overdramatic? Maybe a tad.

Anyway, it just got weirder. At about eleven at night, I was driving from my dad's house to my mother's, when all the streetlights turned off. After a moment in total darkness, they came back on, but began flickering and turning off one by one as I passed them. I swear, it was like a scene from a horror film, brought into my life.

Okay, okay. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, so it is a sheer impossibility that a dead squirrel could be hunting me down. All I'm saying is, if I never post anything again, you know who (or what) the culprit is. TTFN until next time (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment