Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's like eating a tree.

I am experiencing the strangest craving right now... salad. Maybe that isn't such a notable occurrence for everyone, but it definitely is for me. I loathe salad. Okay, that is a little melodramatic, but it's not something that I would typically pick out to eat. And yet, right now I am debating on driving around in search of a twenty-four hour grocery store. My deepest wish of the moment is to fill a bowl with something healthy and then smother it in fattening dressing, just to balance it out. My body might go into shock because of the change from my normal diet, aka cheez-its, popcorn, and ice cream washed down with coca-cola.

I thought writing these thoughts down might stop them from taking over my brain completely, but it seems to have had the opposite effect. I'm considering going outside and munching on the nearest tree. Am I losing my mind? Possibly.

Have you ever had a simple culinary craving drive you insane? It tends to only happen to me when I am majorly stressing out. Now that I think about it, it is probably a subconscious distraction tactic. Like I'm so focused on whatever problem I am dealing with that suddenly an image of a certain type of food pops into my head, sure to take over my thoughts completely and help calm me down. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with food, a guarantee that when my metabolism inevitably slows, I will gain around a thousand pounds.

On the other hand, I can't help but think that this is a sign. I need to at least attempt to be healthier, as opposed to sitting on my ass, eating raw spaghetti and blogging. Wow, actually typing that made it evident that I have hit rock bottom without even realizing it. How embarrassing. Clearly, the fact that I would actually rather be eating lettuce than chips right now is my body warning me that it's all downhill from here if I keep on this path, eating everything in my way.

Or maybe it's just a craving. Yeah, I'm definitely reading too much into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment