Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's nice to be nice.

I should probably make a doctor's appointment, because I am seriously homesick.  My nose is stuffy with the missing-my-mommy virus, my throat hurts from worked-over-the-holidays bacteria, and I have a bad case of need-to-hug-my-dog-right-now-itis. Also, I'm cheesy... what's new?

Anyway, whenever I am missing the bustling metropolis of suburban Indiana, I make my best friend a mixed CD.  Picture the sappiest romantic you have ever met, throw up hearts and unicorns a few times, and you'll have my dear Hannah.  Accumulating quirky love songs for her repertoire has honestly become a hobby of mine... anytime I'm spending a few frivolous dollars on iTunes, I search for songs that it would never even occur to me to listen to on my own, just because I can picture her dancing dorkily along with the beat.  Nothing makes her happier than receiving a new mix of disgusting cuteness, but I can't pretend that I do it because I'm just such a giving, saintly person.  Making these mixes makes me feel close to her, even when we're thousands of miles apart and haven't talked in weeks.  Hooray for friendship. <3

Wait. OH MY GOD I'M GOING HOME NEXT WEEK OH MY GOD.  It is finally starting to feel real to me that I'll actually be seeing my loved ones in seven days, and I can't even believe it. It has been so long.

I'm all for independence and everything, but who says you can't be an adult and have your mother at your side at all times? I just don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment